[Tfug] [OT] Microsoft Windows 7: Upgrade or just buy a pizza?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 14 00:27:00 MST 2009

--- On Mon, 4/13/09, Zack Williams <zdwzdw at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Then how would coders make money?
>
> Customization.  Implementation.  Extension.
> Improvements. Documentation.
>
> Just because software is free doesn't mean it'll be simple to
> implement, or require little skill to use properly.   It also doesn't
> mean you can't get paid to make what you wrote even better by the
> people who will benefit from the improvements.

I think you'll find those very same folks will complain that
these improvements should have been part of the "original"
(free) software.  :>

Detroit should *give* us "basic" automobiles for free -- folks who
want sound systems, navigation systems, better gas mileage, etc.
would then be the only folks who would *have* to pay (for those
"improvements").  <grin>