[Tfug] Internet speed

Jordan Aberle jordan.aberle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:43:42 MST 2009

Honestly, cable is shared bandwidth, 8mb/s isn't guaranteed. You will see
how they advertise "up to <insert speed here>. It depends how many people
are on your node as well as other factors. DSL on the other hand is not
shared bandwidth and they guarantee a certain speed as long as you are
within a certain distance of their office.
This still doesn't explain why one system would perform better than the
other, you will have to do some experimenting, try a different
switch/router, try a different nic, check for environmental issues.