[Tfug] "No modules loaded"

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri Apr 10 08:02:16 MST 2009

There is something in the kernel that matters.
        First of all, I don't use WIFI. However I did a search when I
brought up
make menuconfig for my kernel and got:

Symbol: ATH5K [=n]                                                      |
  | Prompt: Atheros 5xxx wireless cards
support                             |
  |   Defined at
drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig:735                           |
  |   Depends on: NETDEVICES && !S390 && PCI && MAC80211 && WLAN_80211
&& E |

Location:                                                             |
  |     -> Device
Drivers                                                   |
  |       -> Network device support (NETDEVICES
  |         -> Wireless
LAN                                                 |
  |           -> Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11) (WLAN_80211 [=n])

I'm using a 2.6.25 kernel, but you should get something very similar for
yours. (Mine is generic)
In your case, there is the possibility that the necessary module hasn't
been compiled in.

                                      Erich