[Tfug] Which EMail reader for BIG volumes of mail?

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Thu Apr 9 17:50:44 MST 2009

Jim March wrote:
> When I mean "big", I mean out past 2gig in a matter of a few days.  I
> have somebody who wants to convert who is likely THE biggest EMail
> volume user that anybody's ever seen.  And somebody literally famous
> enough that if she jumps to Linux, the news will make Digg and Reddit
> in a matter of days.
>
> She also need to deal with multiple accounts.  She's on Outlook now.
> I'll almost certainly be her them to Ubuntu Intrepid, although Jaunty
> in beta is looking SO good right now...
>
> Anyways.  Suggestions welcome.  I know for a fact she'll overload
> Thunderbird if we try that!  Would the latest Evolution work, or
> should I be thinking of a text-based reader, or...???
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

I use thunderbird to point to multiple IMAP clients, each of which has a
gig or better of email.  If the remote side is fast enough, it takes the
load off the local side.  The biggest issue is keeping the accounts
straight when sending a new mail (it defaults to use whatever account
you currently have highlighted) but there's plugins that can manage this
a bit better.

cheers
  JB