[Tfug] dynamic website help

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:32:24 MST 2009

> Yes, the above statement is wrong.
>
> You can send parameters with links.  Here is how an example of reading the
> parameters in PHP and setting a link with parameters:
>
> <?php
>
>     if (isset($_GET['x'])) {
>       $x = $_GET['x'];
>       $x = $x + 1;
>
>     } else {
>         $x = 1;
>     }
> ?>
>

> Use the $_GET and set your URL with the parameters using the form of
> http://blah.blah.com/page.php?var1=1&var2=2

Thank you, this has helped very much. For some reason, when I had
started this project, using php had totally slipped my mind as a
option. I've got it working now, and all I have to do is rewrite the
upload <form> in the document so that it uploads files to the $var1
directory.

Hopefully I'll be able to make my co-workers happy with this.

~ Chris