[Tfug] Looking for a cable

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 16:36:23 MST 2009

Hi, Paul,

> I just picked up a used HP Deskjet
> 722C unfortunately it has the standard printer cable.
> My PC has only USB ports for printers.   So I
> am looking for a standard printer cable with  USB to
> the PC.

I know this isn't what you're asking for, *but*...   :>

Consider putting the printer on a little print server
and talking to it over the network (assuming you have
*some* sort of LAN around).  I found keeping track
of the various cables I needed for each PC/printer
combination was more work than it was worth (since
I move printers around as the need suits).

You can probably pick up a print server for $5 with
more "conventional" connectors.

HTH.