[Tfug] OT: HDTV

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 18:19:26 MST 2008

Hi,

We're looking into the idea of purchasing a new HDTV
(despite the fact that we only watch about 5 hours of
broadcast TV each week  :-/ )

However, I'm wondering if the LCD models have the same
sorts of quality problems as the LCD *monitors*?!
Anyone have a set that is at least 2-3 years old to comment
first-hand?

I wonder if TV's see more use than LCD monitors?  I suspect
monitors get left on "at work" for 8-10 hours daily -- maybe
more if left to go to "power save mode" afterhours (which
still stresses some of the components therein).  Hard to
imagine TV's seeing that much use... though, having said
that, I know a good many "couch potatoes" who probably have
their sets on 8+ hours 7 days a week!  :<