[Tfug] open source version of MS Publisher

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Wed Sep 24 09:21:13 MST 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re:[Tfug] open source version of MS Publisher
From: Paul Lemmons <paul at lemmons.name>
To: Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
Date: 09/24/2008 08:35 AM

I just checked and scribus does not import publisher files directly.
There is a Rube-Goldburg means of getting your data from publisher to
scribus that looks iffy but may work.

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus

It is unclear from your post when you say "open MS Files". If you are
talking about publisher. Then the above link is your option. If you are
needing to open "Office" documents, OpenOffice reads and writes all of
the MS Office formats.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.