[Tfug] technical help needed with the election?

Matthew T. Eskes meskes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:45:01 MST 2008

As Jim would tell you, there most certainly are electronic voting machines
in Tucson. That's kind of what started my diatribe on Huckelberry. Jim,
AFAIK, is part of an independent watchdog committee (correct me if I'm
wrong) that oversees elections here in Pima county and again AFAIK all
around the state. They couldn't audit the last round because Pima county was
supposedly in violation and needed to certify the count. And again, as far
as I know, Diebold still has the contract for the voting machines here so
that means, proprietary code == no lookie. Anyway, Im sure he's going to be
emailing the list with more information; hopefully I get it first so that he
can correct my errs.

Cheers.

Matt

-- The Founding Fathers struggled for the principle that man could and
should be trusted with his own destiny. Our current /domestic/ enemies,
against whom those Americans in uniform are sworn to defend, do not believe
in this principle, but we have again won a round in the endless fight
against them.

   -- Jeff Cooper on the assault weapons ban ending