[Tfug] felicific calculus (was conspiracy theory (was: The perils of "Second, , Life"....))

John Karns johnkarns at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 19:54:07 MST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:59 AM, John Mc <jmcneill2 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:23:20 -0700
> From: "John Karns"
>  How can any one individual or group of individuals control an open
>  source OS?  It's not possible to control it in any way that would be
>  hidden from the community of people who review the source code and
>  understand it.
>

> "What you have to understand, John, is that sometimes there are forces and events too big, too powerful, with so much at stake for other people or institutions, that you cannot do anything about them, no matter how evil or wrong they are and no matter how dedicated or sincere you are or how much evidence you have. This is simply one of the hard facts of life you have to face."
> - Former CIA director and Cercle member William Colby giving advice to his friend senator John DeCamp, urging him to quit his investigations into the Franklin child abuse affair and to write a book about his experiences (The Franklin Coverup, 2nd edition, foreword). Eric, google "the Cercle"...
> +++
>
> Amazing. Now I understand. Before I checked the links I had only a vague understanding but now I am clear -- crystal clear as defined by that great American, Nathan R. Jessep. Also see: The Council on Foreign Relations theory. scientific dictatorship. Business Plot. North American Union (NAU). the amero. VeriChip. The beginning -- Skull and Bones was founded at Yale in 1832. Trusted Computing Group.

This will be my last reply in this thread.  First, I'm no stranger to
the political forces that you have mentioned here, in this thread and
others.  My intent is  to neither credit nor discredit the phenomenon.
 I do assert, however, that an OSS OS, by the virtue of the fact that
one can download, inspect, and compile the OS from the source code, is
a guarantee (to someone who is capable of understanding the code) that
it will be free of such control / influence.  Indeed, that is one of
the prime reasons for its existence - to offer that freedom to those
people to whom such matters are of concern.

Treacherous ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Trusted Computing is something that many of
us are concerned about, but as of the present time, at least, it's
not, AFAIK, been rolled out (not saying that machines aren't being
made with the chips present) and is not preventing those of us who are
using an open OS from connecting to the world at large.  But it's
irrelevant for most of us anyway, unless / until we start encrypting
our email / Internet communications to protect our privacy.

--
John