[Tfug] stripping the gui in a linux distro

Daniel Duerr dduerr at email.arizona.edu
Fri Oct 31 08:20:41 MST 2008

I've never done KDE with fvwm as my manager, but I've tried out some other
really odd combos, and never had any trouble.  Think one was some weird
amalgamation of Gnome and IceWM.

In Debian it really is trivially simple to set it up; even as a complete new
comer to linux.  Was able to get everything up and running in less than
an hour
I'd guess.

Imagine my shock after years working with Windows...

-dan