[Tfug] The Joy of OSX, and the friction coefficient of goose droppings.

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 12:41:22 MST 2008

Bowie J. Poag wrote:
> I'm happy to leave desktop Linux in the ditch at this point, where
> Vista can keep it company. Linux is unbeatable in the server arena,
> but I think too many missed opportunities have gone by for Linux on
> the desktop to gain any real traction.

I came back.  There was nothing like apt to make managing your whole
system easy.  Ports did part of it, some apps did it their own way, I
had to keep a list of the others so I remember to upgrade, and some upgrades
cost money.   After only a few months with a really great MBP, I was ready
to come home.

Great touchpad and wonderful battery life on those things though.
Wish I could have kept it and installed debian sid on it.

--

http://agileotter.blogspot.com/