[Tfug] VoIP phones

TR trexx at pobox.com
Tue Oct 28 07:08:59 MST 2008

I would think the question to be fundamental to what the target buyer
would be.  A dumb phone for corporate and lock the user into our
system.  A smart phone for openness and independence.

If this question can be answered then the issue resolved.

But I would argue in either case to design to the smart phone chips as
because the firmware can be made to act dumb.  When smart feature are
desired or required they can be added in with out change of the
hardware.   This of course mean the the chip for smart does no
preclude dumb features.  And maybe that the unit cost of chips is not
that dramatic.

TR