[Tfug] OT A word of thanks

eric christian ericdanc at alice-dsl.net
Mon Oct 20 00:22:43 MST 2008

Ronald Sutherland schrieb:
>>> It looks like my house in Tucson is about to sale, thank goodness, I
>>> got it before the big bad bubble, and will not lose money.
>>  perhaps nominally, but did you factor in inflation?
>>
>>  -jmz
>>
> No I did not factor in inflation, nor did I count what was paid in
> interest and property taxes. A home is not a very good investment
> unless you can make the land do some productive work, I was taking
> substantial losses on a big house without enough land to grow a few
> productive trees, which would offset some of my expenses. I'm going to
> try to flip that around, for instance I may live in a tent, but at
> least the land will be productive.

I sold my place in Green Valley just as the IT bubble exploded and the
housing bubble started to grow.

*The* docu here is "The Money Makers" by Bill Still and Patrick Carmack.
Milton Friedman was consultant. Even Friedman says 1929 was engineered.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936
EC