[Tfug] OT A word of thanks

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 15:50:32 MST 2008

>> It looks like my house in Tucson is about to sale, thank goodness, I
>> got it before the big bad bubble, and will not lose money.
>
>  perhaps nominally, but did you factor in inflation?
>
>  -jmz

No I did not factor in inflation, nor did I count what was paid in
interest and property taxes. A home is not a very good investment
unless you can make the land do some productive work, I was taking
substantial losses on a big house without enough land to grow a few
productive trees, which would offset some of my expenses. I'm going to
try to flip that around, for instance I may live in a tent, but at
least the land will be productive.