[Tfug] Swapping out a notebook's LCD?

erich erich1 at copper.net
Mon Oct 13 18:35:39 MST 2008

Xorg has a lot of automatic features,

      At least that's been my experience. There are features that will probe
for both the video card and the monitor, & identify both.
      That's right. It'll default to the highest resolution possible, and in
my case I had to "back it off" because my poor old eyes couldn't read
the fine print.
      In particular,
                              Xorg -configure  /root/xorg.conf.new

tries to automatically come up with an xorg.conf file. In the Gentoo
world the
xorg.conf normally goes in /etc/X11. So, look thru your xorg.conf.new file
and see what's what.

Erich