[Tfug] help needed

christopher skeptikos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:17:50 MST 2008

well, there's a lot of x/gnome/kde related stuff going
on. I don't run either, nor do I run linux, but in
particular, there is this line that looks interesting

root      5408  5.0  3.5  34448 27616 tty7     SLs+
18:34   0:11 /usr/bin/X :0 -

try typing alt + F7

see what that gets you. If it's a graphical
environment, then ctrl + alt + F1 should get you back
to where you were. If it's another non-graphical
environmant, a simple alt + F1 should do it.

Since, as I've said, I don't use gnome, kde or linux,
hopefully someone else will chime in here, but it seems
like there are at least some kde components still
installed, and it looks like there are conflicting kde
and gnome components running.

How to manipulate your linux environment to get things
straightened out, will hopefully come from the people
on here who run it.

I think kill 5408 might be a next step, but wait for
someone else to respond because I have a feeling it
will simply restart itself.

Let me know what comes of it ~ Chris