[Tfug] Need help: Amazon EC2 Linux machine for Open Source GIS

Stephen M. Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Fri Oct 10 15:25:57 MST 2008

I'd like to get an Amazon machine image built as a public AMI for Open
Source GIS. I'm looking for some consulting help ($$ available) to build
a Linux system on EC2 with Mapserver (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/),
PostGreSQL with GIS extensions, PHP and Python to run MapScript for
MapServer. Its all free, open source software.  This shouldn't be too
hard to do--I got Mapserver and the necessary components installed on an
Ubuntu 8.0.4 instance using the FGS Linux installer
(http://maptools.org/fgs/), but I couldn't connect the instance to
elastic block store, or bundle my image to save, apparently because of
some sort of OpenSSL version incompatibility somewhere.   Please contact
me directly  if you're interested.

thanks
steve

--