[Tfug] OT A word of thanks

Malcolm Schmerl mjs355 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 14:14:36 MST 2008

bpoag at comcast.net wrote:
> Matt,
>
> ...if by "the political game", you mean "lying"...
>
> I'm hoping i'm wrong, but my guess is that you don't actually have a job right now.
>
> At midnight, you said you've been "looking for someone to hire (you) for the last 7 months, and don't have time to be teased with the thought and hope of ACTUALLY having some local work". Current tense. Then at 10 AM, you claim to have found "good stable work".  Unless your new job involves a time machine of some sort, I think it's reasonable for someone to conclude you might be lying.
>
> The rant you posted to this list is not really something that would come from the mouth (fingers?) of a man relieved to have finally found work for himself. People who have found a job after a long dry spell don't turn around and snot off on people who apparently took the time to help them when they needed it, saying they and their business practices disgusted you.
>
> You're probably a good guy, just frustrated beyond comprehension at the inability to land a decent job in this town. Trust me, I know, i've been there, and so have alot of people on this list. But frustration doesn't give you free license to urinate on the people on this mailing list who apparently stepped up to help you out of their own kindness.  You should probably apologize to them.
>
> Cheers,
> Bowie

> From: "Matthew T. Eskes" <meskes at gmail.com>
>
>> You don't think I would have sent that email without first having a job?
>> Come on bowie, I know how to play the political game.
>>

>>> ...You landed a job in the last 12 hours?

I'm an old guy who is sort of a misanthrope and isn't a good team player
- more a loner. I understand Matt's frustration. I always found it
extremely frustrating looking for a job, so I made my own job by
creating a business. BTW, those who have worked for me have told me that
it was the best job they ever had. Guess I'm a pretty good boss, albeit
a poor worker.

In any case, I would like to do a little sideline web design - something
that doesn't require too many face-to-face meetings. Telecommuting is my
style. If anyone hears of anything like that, please send them my way.
Thanks, Malcolm