[Tfug] "Normal" ondemand governor usage?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 24 22:22:14 MST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 09:21:36PM -0700, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
> Try running cpufreq-info (in the cpufrequtils package).  It will tell you what
> governor you are currently using, which are available, what the current speed
> is, and, most important to this question, what percentage time the machine has
> spent at each of the available speeds.

I wasn't aware of cpufreq-info.  Thanks.  It turns out that Brian's
right: I'm not working hard enough--97.22% of time is sent at 600MHz;
only 2.22 at 1.6.  (Though my battery died on me this morning so I had
to *gasp* reboot.  Will be interesting to see how things look after a
few days.)

Thanks,

C.