[Tfug] Considering jumping from Intrepid to Fedora 10...thoughts?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 20:04:14 MST 2008

Regarding BSD: I've pondered it but first, it doesn't seem to have as
much cutting-edge hardware support and I play with weird stuff.  Such
as my cellular modem...that's been a freakshow until Network Manager 7
came along and even then I had to tweak config files.  Second, and the
biggest, is I need virtual machine support for an XP VM, because I
need to take apart Diebold election files...I don't see as much
support for BSD hosting of VMs as there is Linux.

The other issue with BSD is that I often help people convert to Linux.
 Distros like Ubuntu and Fedora are fairly noob-friendly, so if I'm
going to keep helping people abandon Windows I need to work with
something they can use.

As to OpenSuse 11: does anyone know which Network Manager flavor it
has?  I really need to share my cellmodem connection and that being
broken in Ubuntu is my #1 reason for looking at greener pastures...

Jim