[Tfug] Speaking of desktops (little 'd')...

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 07:25:23 MST 2008

I don't like the way windows will often start maximized, blotting out
anything else you might be looking at.

I really am against "travel", where you have to find something with your
eye, move the cursor to wherever it is, and click, then return the
cursor and your eye to where it was.  Well, I recognize why it is
sometimes right, but a seeky-clicky interface is awful.  I should be
able to do what I want with very little travel.   This is why palm was a
better PDA OS than Windows.  If there isn't too much travel, and the
targets are either largish or configurable, I'm pretty happy.

In XFCE, my biggest hate is how you have to find the exe and the icon to
add launchers to the panels.  Gnome did this well.  I shouldn't have to
open a command line window to find out what to tell my gui.   I think a
launcher-adder there would be a good idea.   Just dragging from menu to
panel would help.

I like menu bars in the window they apply to.    It's less travel,
there's an happy designer in me when things that belong together are not
seperated, especially when they're not parts of entirely different
windows.  Call it taste.

--

http://agileotter.blogspot.com/