[Tfug] Speaking of desktops (little 'd')...

Tim Ottinger tottinge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:37:25 MST 2008

John Gruenenfelder wrote:
> The other big annoyance is small unresizable windows.  This is *very* common
> with Windows where they delight in presenting a 200x100 dialog with about ten
> pages of text in it, or some 20 column table you have to scroll through.  This
> annoyance does occur in X too, but less frequently.  Also, it's an app
> decision, not a WM decision, though I suppose the WM could override it in some
> cases.

Resizeable windows in general.  In Win, typically all windows are
pixel-positioned
relative to the upper-left corner. The few windows that are resizeable
aren't using
layout managers, so you stretch the corner to the right and 1/2 the time
you get
a lot of blank space.  Developers work around it, and some toolkits are
better than
others, but non-resizeable windows (large or small) are awful.

--

http://agileotter.blogspot.com/