[Tfug] 2 weeks of Hackintosh fun..

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 07:27:52 MST 2008

Hi Shawn,

Well, we aren't exactly talking "HAY GUYS GO HERE AND DOWNLOAD THIS L33T
ISO MAKE UR OWN HACKINTOSH DEHHHH"... OS X != Darwin. Darwin is a free,
open-source, POSIX-compliant BSD hybrid. It's as Unix as anything
else..perhaps stronger, since most of it's code was developed in-house
and only opened later.  OS X is something which *can* run ontop of a
Darwin kernel.  The kernel Apple uses for OS X is different (XNU, I think)

..And I certainly plead guilty to the murky legal implications of
running a Hackintosh. The only thing "murky" is whether or not I choose
to buy an OS X license from Apple or not.

Cheers,
Bowie