[Tfug] Where to buy computer memory in Tucson?

Choprboy choprboy at dakotacom.net
Thu May 29 13:25:50 MST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 12:05, Joe Roberts wrote:
[snip]
> I have no specific problems with SWS or anything -- just curious if there
> are alternatives that people can recommend.
>
> Every time I've been in SWS, the people there have seemed sleepy and
> distant (okay, stoned), but at least knew what they were talking about.
> Which is really all I require - a place that will sell me OEM stuff in
> static bags :)
>
> I'd love to open my own store but with those margins and inventory that
> declines in value, ouch.

There are a handful of small computer shops (Wildcat Computers comes to mind),
but I have never stopped in at any of them... I suspect they are more a
Computer Renaissance type of place though. There is also Bluechip Computers,
they were formerly named something else and had a horrid reputation for both
the stuff they sold and their support/warranty resolution. I stopped by there
and picked some stuff up once years ago... never again.

Then there is Office Depot / Office Max. I have found both frequently now
carry more than WorstBuy and Circuit $&!**y and have reasonable prices. Other
ethan that.. I think pretty much everyone sticks to Newegg/etc for everything
else.

Adrian