[Tfug] Where to buy computer memory in Tucson?

Joe Roberts deepspace at dataswamp.net
Thu May 29 12:05:30 MST 2008

Are there any other "real" computer stores like SWS in town?  Back in New
Jersey, I had a few to choose from, but here, SWS is the only one I've
found.  I hate hate hate hate hate Best Buy (Best Buy is pretty much my idea
of what the Catholic purgatory would be like), CompUSA is gone, and Circuit
City is like a perky bimbo who can't shut up for 5 minutes (plus retail
packaging, limited selection, etc.)

I would be willing to spend a little more on parts to buy from a real
computer store.

I have no specific problems with SWS or anything -- just curious if there
are alternatives that people can recommend.

Every time I've been in SWS, the people there have seemed sleepy and distant
(okay, stoned), but at least knew what they were talking about.  Which is
really all I require - a place that will sell me OEM stuff in static bags :)

I'd love to open my own store but with those margins and inventory that
declines in value, ouch.

  -Quag7