[Tfug] video card recommendations

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:03:46 MST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Ranjan Grover <ranjan.grover at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Now if I can only find a motherboard which has wifi/on board intel
> graphics and sound.

There was a time that I would not have wanted on board graphics, I think it
was because every time I looked at graphics new cards/chips were out, and it
seemed like no standard hardware could be found. After I figured out that
Intel was open and worked with every OS I tried it, well now I consider it a
nice on board feature. Wifi on the other hand, I'm not so sure I would want
it on the board, its chips still seem to change all the time, and is there
one that is open you know will be usable over the life of the mother board,
For example Ubuntu twelve.04 is only 4 years out, and I am confident the
Intel video will work. (spelled 12 cause I can just see google giving it to
much wight in 4 years)