[Tfug] OT: Big Oil? Windows Vista!

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Sun May 25 17:51:41 MST 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Jim G <learnix at cox.net> wrote:

> Ronald Sutherland wrote:
> >
> > Hell even if my heat engine works, and I find a way to do concentrating
> > solar power in a cost effective way, I would like to make monies...
>
> Why mirrors instead of convex lenses focused to provide the heat for
> steam? There are a lot of ants that would tell you that works if they
> hadn't met their demise under just such a diabolical device.
>
> Jim
>
> I'll make a wild guess that the mirrors are easer to clean, since its one
side, but when scaled down that is a good question.

also found someone doing a small Stirling engine... interesting... I'll be
looking into this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_uSJl0-Wfc

holy cow they have a data sheet

http://www.infiniacorp.com/applications/Prod_Spec.pdf

Nice 24% efficiency way above PV, and we are talking about 2-3kW which could
power my AC.

poor ants must have thought the sun went nova...