[Tfug] Any recommendations for address management?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri May 16 12:28:11 MST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:20:31AM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> True, but I like the idea of keeping everything together. I mean
> is there any reason why email addresses should be treated any
> differently than other contact information? There are certain
> types of email addresses, such as mailing lists, that make sense
> to be treated differently.

Ultimately, of course, what matters is what works best for you.  What
I'm trying to say is that once I had lbdb/fetchaddr managing my email
addresses for me, I discovered that, for my purposes, mailing
addresses were best managed elsewhere.

> However, as with most of the changes I have made since coming to
> Linux, it takes me time to change my thought processes. Maybe
> after thinking about it I'll realize that 'of course you don't
> need to store email addresses with the other contact
> information'. But until then, I'll probably try out abook.

lbdb can read from abook (and a bunch of other addressbook apps) as
well.

C.