[Tfug] Windows XP SP3 Released!! Download your update now!

Vincent Prime nohbudy at gmail.com
Fri May 9 19:59:09 MST 2008

Thank you guys, i think you just solved my problem.
I have been experiencing random crashes on my XP for the past 2 weeks
after a windows update.
When i get home, i will relay how well it works to uninstall the
update. (i have already turned off auto updates, it screwed me over
before)

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM, George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net> wrote:

>> Windows XP SP3 Creating Havoc
>> Posted by kdawson on Friday May 09, @09:40AM
>> from the shun-the-frumious-bandersnatch dept.
>> http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/05/09/1258229.shtml
>>

> Totally off-topic but the line above, "shun-the-frumious-bandersnatch"
> made me laugh because it brought back memories of the UofA campus, circa
> 1965.
>
> There was a young student there by the name of Hugh Holub who decided to
> publish a yellow satirical paper called "The Frumious Bandersnatch."  It
> mostly poked fun at the UofA so they tried to ban it's distribution on
> campus saying the word "bandersnatch" was obscene.  Seems they had to
> back off after Mr. Holub gave them a copy of "Jabberwocky" by Lewis
> Carroll. It lives on today in true Internet form as
> "http://www.bandersnatch.com/  ;-)
>
> Back to your regularly scheduled program......
>
> BTW, my Win XP box has had SP3 v.3264 on it for a while now.  I can't
> recall when I downloaded it but it's been at least a month or longer.
>
> Not sure if it degraded anything any more than any other Windows OS
> patch but it does seem to take a lot longer before the machine is fully
> booted and can actually do any work.
>
> George Cohn

From
- Vincent Prime