[Tfug] Windows XP SP3 Released!! Download your update now!

George Cohn gwcohn at simplybits.net
Fri May 9 19:43:47 MST 2008

> Windows XP SP3 Creating Havoc
> Posted by kdawson on Friday May 09, @09:40AM
> from the shun-the-frumious-bandersnatch dept.
> http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/05/09/1258229.shtml

Totally off-topic but the line above, "shun-the-frumious-bandersnatch"
made me laugh because it brought back memories of the UofA campus, circa
1965.

There was a young student there by the name of Hugh Holub who decided to
publish a yellow satirical paper called "The Frumious Bandersnatch."  It
mostly poked fun at the UofA so they tried to ban it's distribution on
campus saying the word "bandersnatch" was obscene.  Seems they had to
back off after Mr. Holub gave them a copy of "Jabberwocky" by Lewis
Carroll. It lives on today in true Internet form as
"http://www.bandersnatch.com/  ;-)

Back to your regularly scheduled program......

BTW, my Win XP box has had SP3 v.3264 on it for a while now.  I can't
recall when I downloaded it but it's been at least a month or longer.

Not sure if it degraded anything any more than any other Windows OS
patch but it does seem to take a lot longer before the machine is fully
booted and can actually do any work.

George Cohn