[Tfug] The Semiannual Colocation/hosting service question

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Tue May 6 22:53:31 MST 2008

I have not used them much, but I have tested a Xen server from Budget
Dedicated, and it worked nicely.  They let you take a server for a 7 day
test drive for free.  It's shell managed, but they are smart enough that
you can put in an ssh public key, and it will automatically add it for
root's authorized_keys, etc.

The biggest thing for me, is that there data center is across the pond
(Denmark), which has some nice redundancy aspects.

Unfortunately, the USD vs the Euro is not that great right now, so the
price is a bit higher than I would like

www.budgetdedicated.com

Cheapest option, 48MB ram, 1GB HD, 10GB transit, is 10.02 Euro/month
(currently $15.53)

80MB, 4GB, 30GB transit, is 16.08 Euro/month (currently $24.95)

112MB, 20GB, 100GB transit, is 29.03 Euro/month (currently $45)

Oh, and Debian Etch images are one of the options :)

                      Harry