[Tfug] firefox

David Cowell davidwcowell at cox.net
Tue May 6 05:19:00 MST 2008

Several months ago I had a problem with my Opera installation and had to
temporarily switch to something else. I chose Firefox and it was
minimally "painful".

Barebones Firefox *is* clunky because it's lacking a lot of those cool
Opera features. You would do well to add several extensions: Mouse
Gestures, Session Manager, and Autoslideshow are three that come to mind
as bringing some of the shining spots of Opera to Firefox.

That will take care of the "user experience" part.

However... you just may want to look at Seamonkey if you're willing to
go somewhat minimalist without losing everything of the top-heavy
browser.