[Tfug] CSS footer trouble

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Sun May 4 21:01:48 MST 2008

Greetings,

I'm hoping there's a CSS guru lurking around on TFUG because I'm trying to get
a page footer working via CSS and it's driving me nuts.

The pages are for a school project, but since we're not being graded on
HTML/CSS style, I don't mind asking here.  This is more for my personal
edification.

The problem is that depending on how full of text a page is, I get a footer
that is in the right place, covered by an image, or not at the bottom where it
should be.

Correct place:
http://foxstar.merseine.nu/~elrond/movie_info.php?mid=2499

Covered by image:
http://foxstar.merseine.nu/~elrond/movie_info.php?mid=17601

Not at bottom:
http://foxstar.merseine.nu/~elrond/movie_info.php

I've been messing with CSS attributes and div tags like crazy but I can't seem
to get a single layout which works with all three of these cases.  I
encountered a similar problem once before where an image kept covering a
horizontal rule.  Eventually, the problem section had enough static text that
the flow worked out right and I never learned the proper way to fix this.

The pages linked above are fairly short and simple, so I hope somebody can
take a peek.  Thanks in advance!

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.