[Tfug] finding linked pages

Chris Hill ubergeek at ubergeek.tv
Thu May 1 11:13:03 MST 2008

christopher wrote:
>> I think your answer would be a bash script that would run through all
>> the .html files on the server, and prepend the HTML script for the
>> banner directly after the <body> tag.
>>

> I thought about this. Unfortunately I've taken over the
> maintenance of a site created by someone else and
> although the look of it is consistent throughout, the
> code behind the look is anything but consistent. What
> it comes down to is that until I get a chance to redo
> the site with a clean template, I only want to edit by
> hand.
>
> This is pro bono work for one of the smaller
> departments, btw

Just a thought..you can use mod_rewrite (or similar) to determine the
kind of file, and then pass that file to php/perl/whatever which can
then put whatever you like in there. You may be able to include a
javascript include that would simply append your header to the document.
Perhaps not the ideal solution, but an idea.