[Tfug] marking up pdf documents

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 25 15:33:04 MST 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 03:00:54PM -0700, Jeffry Johnston wrote:
> Tried a couple of the suggestions so far on f1040.pdf  (heh heh)..

Okay, it sounds like you mislead us by asking the wrong question.  You
asked for a tool capable of annotating PDF files when what you wanted
was a tool capable of filling in PDF forms.  PDF is a nice, open
document format.  Adobe's extensions to it--including forms--are not.
As far as I know, only acroread is capable of filling in PDF forms
(and I'm not even sure if the latest version of acroread can handle
the latest version of PDF).

Claude