[Tfug] WorldCare "Yard Sale"

Linux Media linuxmedia2 at aim.com
Sun Mar 23 16:19:45 MST 2008

Bexley Hall wrote:
> Note that WorldCare is not in the business of
> selling computers, etc.  Their goal is to make
> computers (and other recycled goods ranging from
> pet food to school supplies to hospital equipment)
> available FOR FREE (or close to that) for needy
> groups, individuals, etc.
<CUT>
> Most of the "interesting" machines aren't worth
> the effort -- except as curiosities for us
> volunteers to play with, etc.  E.g, the VAXen
> that come in usually go right to the scrap pile.

When I lived in Austin TX, we had a user group out of the Goodwill
Computer Outlet. This was the place were all the donated computers ended
up (and were sold). It was a huge computer store. They started getting
all kinds of old, strange computers. So they started putting them up
against the walls and the place was surrounded by the "Computer museum".

I almost bought the Amiga 2000, but when I came back with money, it was
in the "museum".

Rocco