[Tfug] WorldCare "Yard Sale"

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 20:38:13 MST 2008

--- George Cohn <gwcohn at simplybits.net> wrote:

> Bexley Hall wrote:
> > --- "Bowie J. Poag" <bpoag at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> It's disappointing and lame. I wouldn't bother.
> >
> > If you are caught up in the "gotta have the latest
> > and greatest" rut, it is *not* the place for you!
>
> I tend to buy for utility rather than flash.

Unfortunately, there are those who will pick up
one of the *$20* computers and complain that it
doesn't come with Windows installed...  :<

> I stopped by today and bought a HP 4M+ printer with
> a duplexer for $50.
>   That means I can stop hand feeding my two sided
> copies now and it came
> with a good toner cartridge. Another $5 for a
> JetDirect server and I was
> a happy camper. ;-)

Exactly.  And, worldcare is tickled as they've got
$50 to apply towards their expenses *and* they
recycled 100% of that unit (instead of having it
scrapped and recycled for raw materials, etc.)

> I checked some websites and the duplexer alone if
> worth $130 in a refurbished model.
>
> My wife also found some books she wanted and plans
> to go back a spend a
> couple of hours browsing for stuff to teach her
> classes.

She should make a point of mentioning that she is
a teacher (and have any "credentials"? handy) as
WC tries hard to treat teachers well.