[Tfug] WorldCare "Yard Sale"

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 20:30:08 MST 2008

--- David Cowell <davidwcowell at cox.net> wrote:

> I would say "disappointing and lame" is a little
> strongly worded.
> Disappointment is usually due to one's
> misunderstanding what is
> available. Lame is usually due to an injury or
> accident of birth.
>
> I've been there and there is a lot of stuff that
> would be perfect for
> Grandma, Uncle Ed, or someone who is either is not
> interested in, or not
> able to afford, the "latest, greatest, and most
> expensive".

There are many things that are "perfect" for folks
who want to play with certain technologies but don't
want to have to wipe their hard disk to do so,
etc.

E.g., note my previous mention of a quad 900MHz
P4 w/12  18G drives... for << $100.  Can you
think of a cheaper way for someone to play with
a RAID 5 configuration?  Or, *write* code for
a true multiprocessor?