[Tfug] Fwd: Re: Not sure what I just did..

John Mc jmcneill2 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 18 20:42:48 MST 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 08:09:39PM -0700, Joe Roberts wrote:
In the spectrum of supposed threats to the state, consider to what
degree the government is even likely to notice you.

Robert Hunter wrote:
Normally I would agree with this statement. So you can imagine my
surprise this weekend as I was returning from Seattle, with my nephew in
tow, that I was kindly informed by the the ticket agent that my name was
on the DHS terrorist watch list. What the fuck? Needless to say I was a
bit freaked out, and even more so by the fact that I had my brother's
young child in my care. Fortunately I was not subjected to any further
inconvenience, and I returned home as planned. Later on I read that the
DHS watchlist has approximately one million names on it. That's a lot of
terroristas! Look folks, I love this country, as I know many of you do;
but don't take your freedoms for granted. This weekend was a startling
reminder to me that the I need to actively participate in the democratic
process, perhaps a bit more than just showing up at the polls once every
year or two.
+++

920,000 people can't be wrong, can they?
http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/watchlistcounter.html