[Tfug] PDF (Book) Reader recs?

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:51:14 MST 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM, Steve <lukkystarr at excite.com> wrote:
>  [snip] the drawback is the screen, which of course is hard to see in the sun.  [snip]

Note that Steve was referring to the N800 in his statement above.  The
Wikipedia entry on the N810 claims this difference over the N800:

* Sunlight readable transreflective display.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N810

My coworker has an N810 which I have played around with a little and I
must say that it is impressive.  The fit and finish are outstanding.
It is very well made.  The screen resolution is amazing for such a
tiny device.  The N810 has such a high quality display that it has no
need to display shrunk versions of web pages.  They are their full
size; however, this is both a pro and a con.  The trouble is that web
pages that once were designed for low resolutions have increased and
so using Gmail or Google Calendar while possible on the N810 is a
little cumbersome.  I like what Apple has done with their iPhone and
iPod Touch browsers for Google pages.  Apple has customized versions
of Gmail and Google Calendar for their devices that display their
applications better, in my opinion, for that small of a screen.  Of
course if you buy an Apple device then you're into the close-source
world.  If you are considering the N810 you might want to wait until
April to see what happens if you believe this article:

http://www.100cute.com/nokia-n810-with-wimax-rumored.html

Ryan