[Tfug] Fwd: Re: Not sure what I just did..

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Fri Mar 14 23:34:21 MST 2008

This is profound. michael wanted hosting where the UN is,
and he got a UN-style experience. It cost too much. Well,
$21 USD per month instead of $4-5 per month isn't exactly a
refutation of sustainability, though. But $119 per hour for
consulting service is pretty heavy.

I see that the web hoster is multilingual: French, German
and English. Compare with http://www.un.org/ In the UN
spirit michael, perhaps you would support a multilingual
website?

I really didn't follow the Geneva thing though. The UN
headquarters are in New York.

>From http://www.unog.ch/
The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) is the
representative office of the United Nations in Geneva. With
more than 1,600 staff, we are the biggest United Nations
duty station outside of headquarters in New York and provide
critical support to the Organization's efforts. We service
over 8,000 meetings every year, making UNOG one of the
busiest intergovernmental conference centres in the world
and a focal point for multilateral diplomacy. Together, we
strive to strengthen our contribution towards realizing the
vision of the United Nations for a more stable, secure and
prosperous world for all.

Does that sound like a model of productivity, or what?