[Tfug] where can I host a webpage

christopher skeptikos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:00:28 MST 2008

> > like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Use NVU to create Web pages and manage a

I use bluefish, but based on what little I've seen, I would take
Quanta as a replacement to Dreamweaver and the extent to which it
may fall short in features versus Dreamweaver, you'll just end up
a better developer for the extra work.

I actually recently inherited a site maintenance gig that was developed in DW. It was developed from a template, and then
someone edited the page outside of DW. Now I'm not sure, but
as near as I can tell, when DW was used to edit the site after
that, it interpreted all the changes that were made by a
different editor as part of the template. At least it seems
that way because all of the added text ended up grayed out and
uneditable in dreamweaver.

Right now I'm doing my best to rewrite the whole page in Blue
Fish, removing the strings of 12+ '&nbsp's that were used to
set the indentations within the site.

Did I mention that I'm doing this pro bono? Am I ranting?

I guess the point is that I feel like DW is really not that
great. I think its strength is in speeding up work for
people who are strong coders already and want to speed up
building of the foundation.