[Tfug] where can I host a webpage

cangers2 at cox.net cangers2 at cox.net
Tue Mar 11 17:31:55 MST 2008

I have been using http://1and1.com Lots of choices basic is 4.95 or pretty close
---- James Hood <ebenblues at gmail.com> wrote:

=============

> I use Dreamhost for $11 a month. Granted, it is probably more
> than you need but the price is cheap for what you get. Tons of
> features, and all their servers are running Debian.
>
> http://www.dreamhost.com/

I also use Dreamhost and they're excellent. When I was at UA (99-03), if you
had a shell account, you could also request "scratch space". This was
temporary extra space on the server. If I remember correctly, the max amount
of space you could allocate was pretty high and you could renew it
indefinitely. I don't know if they still have that available, but that would
be a poor-man's option.

James

--
"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."