[Tfug] Request for CMS Recommendations

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Fri Jun 20 15:24:14 MST 2008

On Fri Jun 20, 2008 at 01:06:43PM -0700, Paul Lemmons wrote:
> I am looking for something that, so far as I can find, does not
> exist. I hope I am just looking in the wrong places. I am
> looking for a configuration management system that focuses more
> on software and applications than hardware.

Terminology is key here. I think if you've been looking for
"configuration management", you'll find a lot about configuration
management practices in software development.

> Do any of you know of any such beast? Extra points for it being
> php/Apache, MySql and GPL.

I searched for "open source asset management" and got some good
results. I can't make any personal recommendation and I did not
check to see if they meet your criteria, but here are the ones
that looked decent and weren't dead.

CalemEAM - http://eam.calemeam.com/
Simple Assets - http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleassets/
Open Audit - http://www.open-audit.org/