[Tfug] Request for CMS Recommendations

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Jun 20 13:06:43 MST 2008

I am looking for something that, so far as I can find, does not exist. I
hope I am just looking in the wrong places. I am looking for a
configuration management system that focuses more on software and
applications than hardware.

Here is the goal: I want to be able to identify all of the servers I
have, what applications run on them and all dependences between them.
So, if I needed to take a system down I would know who to contact, who
is affected, and what other servers may be negatively impacted. It would
also be nice to have shutdown/startup procedures associated with each
server's definition.

Do any of you know of any such beast? Extra points for it being
php/Apache, MySql and GPL.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look
around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe