[Tfug] USB bugaboo on Thinkpads

James Hood ebenblues at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:42:41 MST 2008

> The problem I'm seeing is no access to
> connected devices, although the port does seem to be supplying power
> to the device.

I have a T42p and haven't experienced any of my USB ports getting fried like
you describe, but recently I got a USB flash drive and if I plug it in with
XP running, nothing happens. If I reboot into ubuntu on the same machine, it
works perfectly. My USB printer still works fine in XP. Are you sure the
hardware's toast?

James

--
"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a
false image."