[Tfug] Sprint wireless broadband

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:19:46 MST 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 5:45 PM, John Gruenenfelder <johng at as.arizona.edu> wrote:
> I've tried Googling for news about this, but "Sprint wireless broadband" just
> gives hits on things like EVDO service.  I guess I don't know the specific
> name for the radio wireless service.

It might be Sprint Broadband Direct.

http://www.sprintbroadband.com/

Sprint is probably phasing out that service.  I have tested it before
and found it to be very poor with high lag and slow transfers.  My
tests revealed that the transfer rate was about 50% of Verizon's EVDO
service through a PCMCIA card.  I suspect that they want to begin
pushing their upcoming WiMax service named Xohm.

http://www.xohm.com/

Ryan