[Tfug] Sprint wireless broadband

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 5 17:45:18 MST 2008

Hello,

I've just been told that Sprint's wireless broadband in Tucson will be shut
off on July 31st.  Does anybody have news on why this is?

I know they stopped taking new non-transfer customers some time back... has
the number of subscribers just fallen too low?

I've tried Googling for news about this, but "Sprint wireless broadband" just
gives hits on things like EVDO service.  I guess I don't know the specific
name for the radio wireless service.

Too bad.  My family subscribed shortly after it was introduced, the only other
options at the time being dialup or ISDN, and after a not-too-shaky first year
and a half, the service has been incredibly stable.  Even had a "dynamic" IP
address that never changed in ten years.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.