[Tfug] Conditional execution of .emacs?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 5 14:26:25 MST 2008

Hi all,

My emacs knowledge seems to be failing me here.  There are parts of my
.emacs file that I want to execute depending upon how I start emacs
up.  More specifically: in general, I use gnuclient/gnuserv.  However,
under a few circumstances, I like to start up emacs within an xterm
via "emacs -nw" (primarily I do so when I want to use R from within
emacs).

Invoking emacs as non-windowed wreaks havoc with gnuserv.  So, what
I'd like to do is avoid (re)starting gnuserv when I invoke "emacs
-nw".  Or, alternatively, only start gnuserv when emacs is started
from X.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Claude